Local Rails to Trails project

More
10 years 10 months ago #24481 by opresident
Hello my friends. no one is giving up on you guys to see the light.... I have lots more in store. However, I do have other commitments on weekends. Saw lots of bikers out today! What a beautiful day for a bike ride! I just don't want all these joggers and bikers 50' away from my house on a day like today when I want to enjoy it too in private in my backyard that I pay my taxes to enjoy, these people don't pay my taxes to enjoy my woods that then adjoin with the tracks. That is my right to enjoy the privacy of my home that I paid for.

Spoke to a women today whose Niece was murdered and raped in Florida in a park and knows first hand how dangerous parks can be. That for the number of people that are in parks or on trails, for the one incident that happens, it is a higher percentage of crimes than what crime happens in the community surrounding overall based on the percentage of people in the entire community. This neighborhood is not the right place to open ourselves up to these risks of having this type of exposure that we do not currently have NOW....

People, Colden, Concord and Ashford have already written oppositional resolution, the trail will not and cannot go through those communities based on these resolutions so there will not be a trail that goes 27 miles at all, so do you really want it if it can only go through OP? Especially when that community doesn't want it??? The State can't buy the land without supporting resolutions in those Towns.... I will show you the except from the State rep on this:

Ms. .............:
>
>If a Town within which a portion of the corridor lies passes a
>resolution against state acquisition, and does not reverse that
>resolution, the state cannot use funds from the Environmental Protection
>Fund to purchase that portion of the corridor.
That is my understanding
>of the legal constraints. The rest of the questions are political
>questions, not legal, I believe.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Erik Kulleseid
>
>Erik Kulleseid
>Deputy Commissioner for Open Space Protection
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 10 months ago #24480 by fat guy
I don't know why. Heck, its a God given right to swim in the nude in PA.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.
More
10 years 10 months ago #24476 by Scotto

I think she may be giving up. Maybe she realized she was like a meat-salesman at a vegatarian convention.
More
10 years 10 months ago #24474 by Mojo Man

Justin wrote: One other thing I would like to address on the privacy issue is why do people think that bikers/walker/joggers etc will invade their backyard privacy but a scenic rail line will not? Usually while people are exercising, they are somewhat focused on what they are doing and not staring intently into everyone's yard. But with a scenic rail line, the only thing people on the train can do is stare out the windows directly into adjacent properties. I think that whole scenic rail idea is terrible because there is nothing scenic about that section of rail line as Jon's satellite views show.

Ya, and by the looks of the map, I don't see how anyone that is joging, walking or biking will beable to see through the brush, foilage and trees.

If I were worried about property value I would guess that a scenic train through their back yard is worse that a trail system.

David

What are the advantages of riding a mountain bike anyway?
Staying at home, lying on the couch is much more comfortable
More
10 years 10 months ago #24473 by NO SNOW
That's a BS excuse! "privacy" It's all about $$$$ Once it's put in their heads that property value is going to decrease they have to come up with some moral excuse like "privacy" or "safety". Just come out and say it like it is. If you want privacy, build a house way out in the "sticks" on a huge lot. If you want safety build a wall around it and arm yourself.

Eric Senn
More
10 years 10 months ago #24471 by Justin
One other thing I would like to address on the privacy issue is why do people think that bikers/walker/joggers etc will invade their backyard privacy but a scenic rail line will not? Usually while people are exercising, they are somewhat focused on what they are doing and not staring intently into everyone's yard. But with a scenic rail line, the only thing people on the train can do is stare out the windows directly into adjacent properties. I think that whole scenic rail idea is terrible because there is nothing scenic about that section of rail line as Jon's satellite views show.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.