Sprague Brook Conditions

More
10 years 9 months ago #25002 by NO SNOW
Replied by NO SNOW on topic Sprague Brook Conditions
I know this is completely unrelated but:

Is this what the whole wrestling mask thing is all about?

Eric Senn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #25000 by The Todd-ler
Yeah, I think its safe to say, not riding here yet was a good idea afterall.
Colden has recieved over a foot of snow already this week, with another 5+ inches tonight?

http://www.weatherforyou.com/weather/ne ... olden.html

THIS is why it has been signed "Closed" for a little longer.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALL™

More
10 years 9 months ago #24976 by Ben Clauss
Replied by Ben Clauss on topic Sprague Brook Conditions
I have a request... could anyone who has been out hiking/running/etc. at Sprague Brook please post the locations of any remaining blowdowns that need to be cut. It will help us significantly if we can plan knowing the locations of the trees rather than having to hike the entire loop with a large saw. Also don't forget foote rd. there may be some there as well.

Thanks

More
10 years 9 months ago #24909 by nickwrx
Replied by nickwrx on topic Sprague Brook Conditions
I would think the only thing keeping the moisture on the trail is the overnight freezing. Things do dry up relatively quick this time of year when the Leaves havent popped out yet to shade things.

and yes i did relocate a rock or two at the creek crossings to make some stepping stones to cross. but by no means made a rock bridge.

there was only one major blow down that hasnt already been cleared by someone. and the hikers have diverted around it pretty good.

the ONLY really wet spots were on the XC trails where the snowmobiles packed the ice in. the main part of the single track was dry.

More
10 years 9 months ago #24906 by The Todd-ler
I saw Nick last night around Hamburgonia, and he was saying as of Saturday it was pretty good (he walked it).
My only concerns are:
-It snowed (like actually accumulated and stuck to the grass) on Monday morning- that was just 2 days ago!
-The freeze, thaw thing is still happening

As soon as it looks acceptable, Pres Kev will let you know you can ride. As will I thru my email scheduler.

Last year we started riding atthe Brook by around mid April

http://www.wnymba.org/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... &start=345

But that's highly unusual. I remember driving thru a blizzard to get to the Swap a few years ago...typical WNY spring.

2008 Asheville MVP. J2DB. Ride Matador Fiore Ride! El Nino! ONE GEAR TO RULE THEM ALL™

More
10 years 9 months ago #24897 by adam4136
Replied by adam4136 on topic Sprague Brook Conditions
I see there hasnt been any postings for about 2 weeks, I am just wondering if anyone has checked out the trails? I was hoping by mid April we would be out? Any updates?

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.