Harris Hill Trail Conditions

More
9 years 9 months ago #15621 by twright
twright replied the topic: can you say blow downs?
I think I am the only guy here who rides the east and west overlands, but in case you were thinking of getting down this way, the section between R and S is closed on the East overland trail, of course I failed to take it seriously and tried to ride it, to see what all the fuss was about. it's funny how trees know how to fall to cover the largest section of trail. I think they actually had a union meeting before toppling over, deciding who should drop where.
I think my upper body got more of a workout hauling my bike up and over the jungle gym, anyways.

I am still working on the extension in the old logging section, I have about 2 miles blazed, although every few weeks it's a consant battle with pricker bushes, certainly not ready for prime time players, but I'll keep the lounge informed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #14405 by twright
twright replied the topic: been out and about
nice and dry, finally, went to the trail talk at the ag center, don't know if they are thinking of readjusting some of the trails (streams) or not.
on a side note, snagged another to help out on the extension between U and V, if you don't know what I am talking about, don't worry, not completed yet. but making headway.

More
10 years 1 month ago #14121 by twright
twright replied the topic: conditions
guess what, where it is always wet, it was wet, a few blow downs, but by this weekend, I am thinking very good conditions, with the weather forecast.

More
10 years 2 months ago #14006 by twright
twright replied the topic: time for riding
This weekend is made for riding, the eastoverland is of course muddy, where it is always muddy, not criticizing the trail makers, but there are parts that head down the fall line, so water and mud is often a problem, but if there are not plans to fix it, then just consider it stream riding.

flagged more of the extension, now need to start thinking about some real work on the trail bed, tried to flow with the contour so hopefully this area will be less prone to damage,

More
10 years 2 months ago #13906 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist created the topic: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
Thanks to Thom Wright for providing info on the East Side Overland Trail for our Trails Database !

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.