Harris Hill Trail Conditions

More
8 years 2 months ago #27551 by nickwrx
nickwrx replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
18 mile creek trail gets hammered by the horses that live on the street as well. not much you can do besides cut single track through the really tight trees. But someone goes through it on a ATV and clears blow downs.. and its mostly twin track now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #27549 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
month of rain + #$@ horses = @#$* up'ed singletrack
How ignorant can horse people possibly be?

All we need now is stuff to keep horses off the trail before restarting from scratch. Log pyramids? Plastic rattlesnakes?
Maybe a photoeye that sets off recordings of whip cracks?
[url:1d54dqfh] blogs.smh.com.au/science/archives/2006/10/_brumbies_hold.html [/url]

Any ideas on how to hang hornet nests about 8 ft off the ground? I hate bees, I hope TW isn't allergic. They have those pens to keep you breathing anyways...

Too bad NY is such an anti-gun state, the aerial shooting sounds fun!
[url:1d54dqfh]
[/url]

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

More
8 years 3 months ago #26959 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
update on extension, thanks to mushmouph, and a few crew (rob, mike) from PA, we are inching our way to having our extension open for prime time players soon. of course anyone is welcome to ride it now, but by end of summer, will be more worthy of a longer drive down.

working to gps it, but about 4.2 miles from road access to all trails and back to road, with what we have planned, we could be adding close to 2.5 to 2.9 more miles by the end of the summer. so close to 6.5 miles of new trail. add that to east overland, and we got ourselves a nice playground.

I went out before the rain really hit last night, of course the overland trail was more like the overland stream, and some of the trail on the old skid roads were puddled, but the single track that I have etched in over the last 4 years was great, certainly need a good 2 to 3 days of dry to be ride worthy, but I was happy to see no standing water, and no streaming

Personally, i doubt it's ever too wet to attack face slappers and prickers, as long as you remain careful how you tread. it also helps planning for future lines,

More
8 years 3 months ago #26943 by mushmouph
mushmouph replied the topic: logging update
the trail has been cleared where the logging obstructions were blocking it near the harris hill parking lot. it is not buff single track but it is passable.

the r1 fork has also been cleared and recently brush hogged. it is a fun section worth investigation. it is not nearly as technical as the r fork.

More
8 years 3 months ago #26851 by mushmouph
mushmouph replied the topic: 6/26/9 conditions
v->t->bonus trails
trails are in good shape. there is mud in the ususal spots. the technical climbs were all in good shape. there are some new loops out in chronic town. the section from u->v is really worth a visit. chronic town even more so. email mushmouph(at)gmail(dot)com if you need a map of the new legal sections.

More
8 years 4 months ago #26669 by mushmouph
mushmouph replied the topic: v->ext
the trail is mostly dry to the fire road. what i rode of the ext was great.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.