Harris Hill Trail Conditions

More
7 years 6 months ago #28350 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
Here is TWright's map, get your single track fix!

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #28346 by nivek
nivek replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
I FINALLY have a mtb coming. Won it off eBay the other night. Should have it next week sometime. I'll be out riding again. My wife and I took the 2 dogs out fer a walk 2 weekends ago. I see where you have the "single track" sign on the tree next to the "trail" sign at the top of the ridge..

More
7 years 7 months ago #28155 by twright
twright replied the topic: eastside extension update
for those down in chaut county, please consider trying out the eastside overland trail extension, which you pick up between Rt 50, gerry ellington road and 28 mile creek road. when you cross over the logging road (pea graveled) head down the road, there is approx. 5 miles of single track now rideable. it's loops for the most part. if you take all rights or all lefts you should be able to mange well. would like to toss up a map of the extension, can I send it to you Jon?

More
7 years 8 months ago #27557 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
FG- yes about an hour after you left on saturday, I was heading out and ran into about 25 horses... was I overjoyed no... but I was told by DEC that the local folk have an yearly ride, since the extension isn't really on the map yet, I don't think talking to the state forester or anyone else would really do much. at least for the most part they stayed on the old skid road trails and not our new prime singletrack network. I will be out this week to drag it and everything will be good.

the log thing, I doubt it, they seem to go over the logs on the stream crossings. and since it appears that they are out there once, maybe twice a year. I'll just dragbox the ruts back out.

again, I ain't happy about it, but I am more pissed at the folk who leave trash at trail heads

More
7 years 8 months ago #27553 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
A more constructive approach to this is to contact the DEC in Falconer and apprise them of the particular damage. When a similar incident occurred near Ellicottville earlier this summer, the DEC contacted the equestrians to remind them about staying off trails when they are too wet to use.

Something WNYMBA endeavors to do with cyclists, I may add, although bikes are a lot softer on the soil than horses.

More
7 years 8 months ago #27552 by fat guy
fat guy replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
I understand the movie Atonement has a good scene where horses get shot.

Anybody know of any others? Either shot, or run off cliffs, etc.

Of course I guess its not really the horses fault, its the dolt on the back of them kicking and jerking them around while their fat behinds just sit there. Maybe the hornets would go after the horse.... hmmm.... things are always so complicated.

This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.