Harris Hill Trail Conditions

More
7 years 6 months ago #30502 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Eastside Overland Trail 4/1/10
Conditions were awesome today from Point R to Point V (thanks to the great weather). Ventured over the the singletrack, but it still needs time to dry out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #30342 by bodie6
bodie6 replied the topic: Westside Overland Trail
Was up by Ruttenbur today (3/27), and I decided to ride a bit on the trail (point H). Surprisingly, it was rideable due to the ground still being frozen. Although the top layer was soggy, I didn't encounter any major mud holes. But that's not to say I emerged from the trail as clean as when I entered.

More
7 years 11 months ago #28769 by 311gregory
311gregory replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
Just a head's up - the area around Housinton/Boutwell hill is hunted a lot. Both deer and turkey. I spend a lot of time there - matter of fact, once you cross Housington heading south, there are two hunting cabins on the left hand side of the trail that my friends own.

They're not right on top of the trail, but everyone should know what's going on out there. I do quite a bit of shooting throughout the summer out there, too.

Ride safe!

More
7 years 11 months ago #28698 by mushmouph
mushmouph replied the topic: a-v
i covered most of the trail today. i opted for dibble hill and ruttenbur instead of going to f and all the pavement.

it is in pretty good shape until you cross housington (k). it then has a lot of standing water until you cross onto sanford (m).

it was ok for fall riding all the way to 28 creek (v).

there are trees down in places but nothing you can't easily get around.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #28393 by twright
twright replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
planning on being out working on extension this saturday, usually get there about 830, if you think you will be heading out email or pm me, will give you my cell.

I have a few tools out there, but if you got your own, feel free.

the area is not big for hunting except deer from what I have seen over the years.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #28392 by nivek
nivek replied the topic: Re: Eastside Overland Trail Conditions
I'm up for helping out. I tried to once earlier this summer but my wife had other plans for me that day. I won't be doing any drag racing for the next few years now either{selling my ride}.. With hunting season coming on, do you plan on being out there or no??

Also, I see that mushmouph and I are living in the same 'burb of Jamestown.. Where do ya live, man??

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.