Ellicottville Conditions

More
11 years 6 months ago #10948 by Chris Beyer
Chris Beyer replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
I hiked Bent Rim with the kids on Wednesday. Tough to follow with all the leaf cover. It sure is dry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10945 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Everything is bone dry. Even the rain trail. Unheard of for April. Well, I guess they are forecasting rain for the weekend. Terrible timing! If the rain isn't too heavy, things should still be in good shape for riding Saturday, since things are so dry. Lots of leaves on the trails, still.

More
12 years 3 months ago #8743 by penguin
penguin replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
We've all died and gone to MTB heaven!!!! Sweeeeeeeet- Get out and ride!
Penguin

Mommy- theres a root on the trail! Make it go away! I want my Binkie

More
12 years 4 months ago #8553 by Bill R
Bill R replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
Friday afternoon was nice, the evening was wet with thunderstorms. Little Valley bore the brunt of the storm, so I'd say conditions are just a bit greasy.

Long Live Long Rides

More
12 years 4 months ago #8547 by sameframe
sameframe replied the topic: Re: Ellicottville Conditions
:arrow: :arrow: Despite the torrent of rain that fell on Hunter's Creek, Ellicottville appears to have escaped any major precipitation. I rode there Friday June 10 for about three hours and conditions were primo. I was able to ride the entire Roots, Rocks, and Ridges course on semi-slicks. You can tell that there has been some rainfall, but it must have soaked right in. For you riders coming from the North (i.e. Buffalo area) take the extra half hour to drive down to Holiday Valley and let Hunter's dry out for a few days. It will recover.

One more thing...You must find the Jade Monkey before the next full moon!

More
12 years 6 months ago #7982 by fattire616
fattire616 replied the topic: Conditions
Did a trail run this afternoon on Big Merlin to see how things are shaping up. Conditions are perfect, very dry. Trial can be challenging to follow because of the leaves so keep an eye out for markers. One big tree down on the south section.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.