Ellicottville Conditions

More
11 months 2 days ago #44948 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
I am lucky enough to get a second trip up to EVL early next week. Any conditions change from what I said below?

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #44947 by Painfulldischarge
I got to ride EVL Sat, Sun and yesterday. Conditions are probably the best they could be. Everything is bone dry, even the spots that are normally wet. It was so dry it was dusty. I did not hit the flow trail, but that video below makes it look fun though. Got on the Black trail for the first time - wow, that is some serious rock work by the trail builders, great test of your technical skills. I couldn't get over the number of people using the trails over the weekend. Normally, I barely see a soul in there; maybe pass on or two people here or there. It is nice to see people coming to the area to ride. The trails really have worn in nicely, so the traffic is good for that too. Taking St. Paddy's day, Rocky's, Buzzards, Yukon on the down hill to Porcupine has to be one of the most enjoyable sections of trail anywhere.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago - 11 months 4 weeks ago #44944 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
Yes. Conditions are still excellent. I have not been on the flow trail since we got the "substantially complete" word from HV a few weeks ago. At that time, there was still some work to be done in the trees between the ski slopes. The tread had been excavated, but the outslope had not been worked on - spoils still blocked water run off on the downhill side. Not sure if they had gotten to that yet. Also, there are some seeps where the trail crosses Champange. They were thinking of in sloping that and putting in drains. Not sure if that was done yet.
Edit: Just watched the video. Yup, wet spots still on Champagne - left two mud spotches on the camera!
Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by Jon Sundquist. Reason: watched the video

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #44943 by pmac225
pmac225 replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
I Have not ridden it yet, but I saw this on FB:

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #44942 by Painfulldischarge
Are conditions still excellent? I am heading up this weekend and looking forward to riding EVL Sat, Sun and Mon (if no rain). Also, what is the status of the new flow trail at HV - is it done/open and anybody have a map of where you pick it up? Any info on these is appreciated. (also, I renewed my IMBA through WNYMBA because you guys do such a good job. Thanks)

More
1 year 1 week ago #44939 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
All trails are in excellent condition!

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.