Ellicottville Conditions

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #44973 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
And just to be clear, MB-2 is total mud slide right now. Most of it was covered be man made snow up until last week, and much of the rest is still covered by man made snow. MB-2 won't be rideable for weeks to come, maybe another month or more. This trail is not like the rest of the trails at E-ville because of all the man made snow.

Anyone been out to e-ville since it rained last weekend? I was out of town so I don't know how much fell. Was it a lot?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #44972 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
Jon, I'm not knocking the trail work or being critical. My post was more of a heads up of what to expect on that trail, if you're coming out of McCarthy. I was psyched to ride it and disappointed at how sloppy it was in parts, given how dry McCarthy was. I didn't want to have to give my bike a full cleaning. I figured maybe it was the day, so tried it again a month or two later and it was the same. It is a very cool trail, really pretty coming through the pines from the lake. Just has some sloppy spots that hopefully can get fixed.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #44971 by Jon Sundquist
There is no question it needs some work. Specifically on the seep on Champagne (and the section just before it), and also in the woods near Tannenbaum (which were dry last year, but probably won't be in a normal year). But here is what it looked like last year. The mud on the camera came from the seep on Champagne.

Painfulldischarge wrote: You got me. I am making this up. There is more than one seep on that trail. If it was bone dry, it wasn't that way the times I rode it over last summer/fall and like I said, McCarthy was so dry it was dusty and MB-2 was a slopfest.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #44970 by Painfulldischarge
You got me. I am making this up. There is more than one seep on that trail. If it was bone dry, it wasn't that way the times I rode it over last summer/fall and like I said, McCarthy was so dry it was dusty and MB-2 was a slopfest.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #44969 by Jon Sundquist
MB-2 (formerly known and flow trail) was dry as a bone last year, except for the seep on Champagne. I expect the woods near Tannenbaum lift will need some stone this year. HV is working on getting stone to each of those locations. However, MB-2 isn't really ridable until the snow melts off the ski runs. For example here is Yodeler: www.holidayvalley.com/webcam/Yodeler.jpg It will take 2 weeks after the snow melts for MB-2 to be ready. See comment here: www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.p...include_parent=false

Thanks for the update on McCarty trails. Keep those reports coming!

Painfulldischarge wrote: The flow trail in HV down from Spruce Lake to the Race Center, would be fun, but it is normally a muddy mess. I rode it last season. All of McCarthy was bone dry, but one run down the flow trail looked like I went muddin'. There are a bunch of springs or seeps that the trail traverses. Once the snow is off there you still can expect it to be wet, even when everything is bone dry, it stays wet and you'll be cleaning your bike.

Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Jon Sundquist.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #44968 by Painfulldischarge
The flow trail in HV down from Spruce Lake to the Race Center, would be fun, but it is normally a muddy mess. I rode it last season. All of McCarthy was bone dry, but one run down the flow trail looked like I went muddin'. There are a bunch of springs or seeps that the trail traverses. Once the snow is off there you still can expect it to be wet, even when everything is bone dry, it stays wet and you'll be cleaning your bike.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.