Ellicottville Conditions

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #44969 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
MB-2 (formerly known and flow trail) was dry as a bone last year, except for the seep on Champagne. I expect the woods near Tannenbaum lift will need some stone this year. HV is working on getting stone to each of those locations. However, MB-2 isn't really ridable until the snow melts off the ski runs. For example here is Yodeler: www.holidayvalley.com/webcam/Yodeler.jpg It will take 2 weeks after the snow melts for MB-2 to be ready. See comment here: www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.p...include_parent=false

Thanks for the update on McCarty trails. Keep those reports coming!

Painfulldischarge wrote: The flow trail in HV down from Spruce Lake to the Race Center, would be fun, but it is normally a muddy mess. I rode it last season. All of McCarthy was bone dry, but one run down the flow trail looked like I went muddin'. There are a bunch of springs or seeps that the trail traverses. Once the snow is off there you still can expect it to be wet, even when everything is bone dry, it stays wet and you'll be cleaning your bike.

Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Jon Sundquist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #44968 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
The flow trail in HV down from Spruce Lake to the Race Center, would be fun, but it is normally a muddy mess. I rode it last season. All of McCarthy was bone dry, but one run down the flow trail looked like I went muddin'. There are a bunch of springs or seeps that the trail traverses. Once the snow is off there you still can expect it to be wet, even when everything is bone dry, it stays wet and you'll be cleaning your bike.

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

More
1 week 4 days ago #44965 by twright
twright replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
Eville conditions as of Thursday April 13th. looks fine to ride. the gates on the Forest Roads are still closed so either bike up Eagle.. or drive up Mutton Hollow to the Cell Tower. we rode from Cell back to Rain, Merlin, Sidewinder, Deaddog, and Mesa.. the stuff that was leaf blown last fall, still was pretty clear, Deaddog and Sidewinder didn't appear blown... there are several blow downs there as well. Can't speak to the flow trail on Holiday Valley property, but my best guess is stay off it, there was still patches of snow in areas and I am guessing it's really wet. didn't get over to the Pale ales. mutton, rim, etc. but I am sure those are all fine to ride as well. here's to a great riding season.

More
2 weeks 11 hours ago #44964 by juliette@prouse.org
juliette@prouse.org replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
We rode Eagle, Mesa, Dead Dog & Sidewinder today - beautiful, beautiful dry conditions. Happy days!

More
9 months 1 day ago #44952 by Bradley
Bradley replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
On the map. lol
Seriously, Canfield is the old way (back in mtn. bike festival days) to the top through Holimont, I rode from town. KC's is a short trail off the black trail. If you start on the black trail from the tower, its the first right not too far in on the black trail. EVL = My Disneyland.

Long Live the Fest!!

More
9 months 2 days ago #44951 by Painfulldischarge
Painfulldischarge replied the topic: Ellicottville Conditions
Made it up today in time to get in about an hour and a half ride. Even with yesterday's rain, the trails were dry and in fantastic condition. I caught the upper part of the flow trail by accident as I was riding the upper race loop to get back toward the parking area next to the black trail. It looks like a lot of fun on the downhill and they have reworked a lot of the race loop. I cant wait to try out the flow trail this week only bummer is that you have to grind out from the training center back up the hill. I am curious about KC and canfield? where are they?

Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.