Latest Hunters Conditions

More
12 years 11 months ago #12075 by Justin
Justin replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
I know the FLT section north of the pipeline is the wettest, hence why I did not ride there. There are only like two other trails on that side of the creek south of the pipeline anyway and I don't recall them being long enough to make a ride out of, unless you were to travel north of the pipeline on either the FLT or Blue (boundary) trail.

I see now that they are calling for a chance of rain showers on Wednesday evening, lets hope those go away so Hunter's remains rideable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12071 by Kevin Preston
Kevin Preston replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
You might be riding the section North of the pipeline as Jon suggested.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12070 by Justin
Hmm, even though I have been riding at Hunter's for almost 10 years I still don't know the trails on the other side of the creek well enough to know which ones are dry. I always end up riding the FLT which is typically wet in many places. I will have to try some of the other ones next time.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12065 by Jon Sundquist
Jon Sundquist replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
I'll have to check it out tonight if I have enough energy despite the heat.

The "other side" of the creek has some of the driest trails in the park! That's where I usually ride when it is wet. Just stay south of the pipeline.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12056 by Justin
Rode Hunter's tonight from 6:30-8pm. Conditions were quite good and dry given the recent rain last Thursday and Friday (it did not rain any significant amount Saturday). As expected the usual trails were mostly dry with a few muddy spots, and I did not attempt the trails that are usually muddy (i.e. anything on the other side of the creek). I would think if we get no more rain then it would be doable for a group ride on Wednesday.

More
12 years 11 months ago #12034 by alxbrsk
alxbrsk replied the topic: Re: Latest Hunters Conditions
Hunters was in very good shape the last few days but it just started raining here in wales.

You are not logged in.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.