• Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Sweet ride today at Harris HIll.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41002

Did somebody say ASP? Is it going to make the Fall schedule as promised?
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41006

The big guy is the one with that information, but I am very hopeful... by the fall, i will be in tip top trail blazing shape, ready to tackle the ASP....

I am getting confident that by the end of summer HHE will have this new 3 mile loop completed and the second 4 mile loop started,

as long as the wife doesn't start expecting me to do things around the house.... neighbors didn't like my idea last year of mowing the lawns with my helmet light on... don't think it was the light or the noise,,, they just didn't like living next to a freak.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41010

SAH--WHEET....

www.weather.com/weather/5-day/14701:4:US

the rain god looks like he/she may very well spare both trail work days this coming weekend... everyone rejoice...
the drinks are on TJ

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41012

fat guy wrote:
Did somebody say ASP? Is it going to make the Fall schedule as promised?

I have contacted the park staff and they said first they do a ASP-level review and GPS of the track (although I already have that data) and then it goes to Albany for review for things like rare species, etc. Hopefully that can all be done during the summer.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41018

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to it.
This post is not approved by the WNYMBA forum posting approval signoff committee. My WNYMBA socks are in the warsh.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41034

IMAG0492.jpg

TRAIL DAY AT HARRIS HILL EXT TOMORROW 10AM AT YELLOW BARRIER..

one of our local bike shops Hollyloft donated some swag for some random handouts for those working...

if you happen to arrive late,, just walk down the gravel road till you see NoDab (blue trail) follow it until you get to #5... you should be able to hear us from there...

I KNOW IT'S BEEN RAINING MUCH OF THE DAY, BUT I AM HOPEFUL THAT THE TRAILS WILL BE GOOD FOR SOME RIDING AFTER WE WORK..

SO.... BRING.... YOUR.... BIKE....
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by twright.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41038

Fantastic trail day at Harris Hill Ext. we knocked out a nice section with some heavy benching. for those who came down, sorry about the rather lengthy stroll to get to the business,

next trail day at Harris Hill is on Saturday May 12th... we will be starting out from a much closer spot..... hopefully the snow will be gone, and the sun will be shining.

I am very confident that this new loop should be seeing some riding action by mid July...

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 3 months ago #41039

Heck it will prolly be a nice out and back way before then!

Here's to hoping the snow melts off by the 12th.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 2 years, 2 months ago #41275

group ride tonight at Harris hill.. some starting at 5.. and again at 6.. was out last night, trails are perfect... parking at the yellow barrier...

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 1 year, 7 months ago #43407

There will be some riding to be had this coming Saturday at Harris Hill Ext. and the Overland... looking like starting time might be 830-900... but if you plan on heading down, will try to make sure someone is around.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 1 year, 2 months ago #43988

There will be a standing ride at Harris Hill every Thursday night from now till the snow is too deep. usually some folks starting at 5pm.. and circling back around to snag anyone at 6pm.. if you get there later. simply ride to the clearing, and I am sure you will come across a pack of riders.

HHE, has 10 miles of single track, plus 8 miles (total) of the lower East Overland out and back so you can get 18ish miles in if you have the time

. folks typically park here

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213083137513944154607.0004da66413805db876fc&msa=0&ll=42.206333,-79.183702&spn=0.040372,0.083685

I know it's a drive for most of you coming from the North,( trail head is about 25 minutes from Fredonia) but if you happen to come down, let us know.

This new loop we are working on should put us a bit over 12 miles on single track. but that won't be done till mid summer is my best guess.

the most up to date info is usually posted up on Facebook Mtb'ers of Harris Hill.

Re: Sweet ride today at Harris HIll. 9 months ago #44446

HHE will be leaf free by tomorrow evening,, Humpty, Rib Tickler and No Dab, just got done... anyone looking for some leaf(ish) free riding,, come on down...
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.