• Facebook: wnymba
  • Twitter: wnymba
  • YouTube: wnymbavideo
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Where to build jumps/drops/berms....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Where to build jumps/drops/berms....

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #44346

I know its not super close to Buffalo, but pretty close, and I thought its been on here before as a place for gravity riding, but why not approach HV? Some of the ski resorts down here in PA have pretty nice and active bike parks in the summer. Seems like HV is always looking for things to add to make it a fun year round.

That is also a nice offer by Twight. We have a bunch of trail systems with free ride features scattered throughout that seem to pass muster with the land managers or at least they don't bother to destroy so long as they are made with natural materials - rocks, dirt, logs- and there is an alternate line. I've seen some pretty sick log rides made with a chainsaw and some deadfall and decent drops off a rock outcrop on the side of the single track. These aren't so much the gravity riding I think the OP is talking about - for that it would seem like a ski resort would be the route to go.
Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #44347

Where(and what) exactly is HHE? The search engine I used says HHE=Health Hazard Evaluation...

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 2 weeks ago #44348

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 1 week ago #44349

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 1 week ago #44350

HHE looks a bit of a drive ,but I'd really like to check it out.....

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 1 week ago #44351

Check out “notFATfree” by olo bolo on Vimeo.

The video is available for your viewing pleasure at vimeo.com/56568845

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 1 week ago #44352

Twright, this footage was filmed at HHE? Looks awesome. Also I didn't realize that Turner made a fat bike. That thing looks super fun to ride. The whole time I'm watching that video I was thinking about how similar the natural terrain looks to Hunters Creek.

Re: Where to build jumps/drops/berms.... 7 months, 1 week ago #44353

no, no.. no.. that video is of some other place,, I just like the natural features... and yes there are some built skinnies, thought I would toss the link up to show what might be possible.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

Vote For the HV Flow Trail!

Bell Built Voting Starts in... 15 Days

Voting Starts: 05.05.2014 00:00 See What's it About

Loading feeds...

Our insurance company has "strongly suggested" that we tell you that Mountain Biking can be dangerous. If you're visiting this site it's very likely that you're already aware that if you insist on having a good time by riding your mountain bike, eventually you will almost certainly fall down and collect any number of boo-boos, dings and injuries, serious or otherwise, but we have to tell you anyway.

Mountain Biking is a potentially hazardous activity carrying a significant risk of bodily injury and even death. Mountain biking should only be undertaken if you have a complete awareness of these risks. You can reduce the level of risk by wearing a helmet and by riding within your own skill level.